By Sikla UK Oceania on 04 May 2020
Sikla modular steelwork system is the finest alternative to welded secondary steel and relies on time and cost saving: the heart of Sikla’s product range and solutions.
When designing a new project, would a modular steel system like this qualify as suitable alternative?
Sikla developed a simple guide with 10 essential questions to be asked about the job being developed, aiming to help designers and engineers decision making. Find it all in this article.
- 1. Are connection components all-embracing and not just angle-brackets? (Answer here)
- 2. Are small parts safe against confusion, vibration and wrong application? (Answer here)
- 3. Can a safe connection be spotted by the naked eye or does it require torque-wrenching to be sure? (Answer here)
- 4. Do the connection elements keep the frame corners clear, i.e. 100% of section area can be used as a support? (Answer here)
- 5. Can connections be made steplessly and fixing positions are not dependent on availability of holes and slots? (Answer here)
- 6. Is independently tested load data available for all components and parts of the system?
- 7. Is test data available for typical frame configurations and based on all 3 possible load directions?
- 8. Can the system be calculated with a 3D structural frame analysis program?
- 9. Is the system BIM and plant design software compatible?
- 10. Is a global manufacturer accountable for the product?
If you can answer all 10 questions with yes, you probably use siFramo.
If you have a few NO's - be worried.
If you have NO's only, check the small print of your insurance policies.
siFramo modular system.
Written by Sikla UK Oceania